Thursday, April 12, 2012

Trim and a Haircut, 2 Bits

I came home late the other night and found Abigail at home already with a nice scrape on her chin. I asked her what happened and she just waved her arms about and said "I told the truth!". Ummm. Okay.

It finally took me talking to Josh to find out that she found a razor in the bathtub that my parents are currently using downstairs during their stay. Being a curious 5 year old, she decided to shave the stubble on her chin. Right. You may want to read that again.

What the most interesting part of this is, and ultimately why I am documenting it, is because I did the same thing when I was her age. I took a razor out of the bathroom and wanted to shave like my dad. I still remember vividly screaming as my dad took a styptic pencil to my chin which stung like he was using the razor blade to dig into my chin. I am totally damaged goods from that. Maybe. Not really. Thankfully for Abigail, there is Neosporin.

I then came to find out that my mom and also grandma had done it when they were around 5. So is it genetic?

Whatever it is, I do enjoy her curiosity and know that the bumps, scrapes and bruises will be part of our life since she has my clumsiness. But guys totally dig chicks with scars.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

That is true. The scars add an element of danger. :-)
Just glad she didn't do any more damage than that and it will remind me to remind my parents to keep all their sharp objects away from five year old hands when they come over this weekend. Love!