Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Poof! Gone!

I am back. The summer, as usual, went by in a flash. I have been writing posts in my head but unfortunately that does not get the post onto the computer. I just need to get back into the swing of things.

We had a good but very busy summer. I can say that easily because I was at work all summer just like I am all winter…and fall…and spring. I never really see the change of seasons from inside my cubicle. But Josh definitely knew it was the summer. We counted down the days until the end of school and with excitement (and some apprehension) the summer started.

Summer started off with swimming lessons for both girls. Yes, we had our 10 month old in swimming lessons. We really didn’t think that there was a point to this but the instructor assured us that if she can crawl, she can swim. Our main focus was taking Abigail to swimming because she is the one who I fear the most about falling in the water. Okay, I fear that both of them could drown but I will admit that I keep my eyes on Madeline more since she doesn’t understand what she can and can’t do. Abigail understands it but often chooses not to follow directions but that is a whole other story. After 4-6 weeks of swimming lessons, Abigail was able to swim by herself and Madeline could float unassisted. I was so amazed. I am now a little more secure with Madeline around the water and really liked that she got used to it.

Once swimming lessons were over, Josh finally got to enjoy the girls with being able to capitalize on all the fun things that we have in our backyard. Theme parks, story times and running errands as a good house husband. I totally get spoiled by having him run all the errands for me so I can come right home after work. What was the best part was that Madeline was done with bottles by this point so Josh didn’t have to worry about feeding her a warm bottle in the middle of a theme park. Though he could have just warmed it up on the pavement, it was just another stop that Abigail wouldn’t have the patience to sit and wait for Madeline to eat.

And almost as quickly as it started, it ended. Last week was our first week back to “reality” and life as we know it for 10 months out of the year. Abigail has moved into her 3-4 year old room and we now have to take a right into day care instead of the left we have been taking for 3 years. It is amazing how the little details mean time is moving fast. Madeline is also in a new room since she is a walking girl. Not just a few steps but walking the whole house without falling down. More details to follow.

Thanks for catching up.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Maybe Abigail can show Sprite some swimming pointers next Sunday?
Can't wait to see my Maddie fully walking!!!Love!