Monday, June 21, 2010

EPCOT

I think the smiles were going to be permanent on our faces. While the kids were slightly fading, we knew we had to persevere. There was still so much Disney to see! We were so excited to be heading over to another park and meeting up with our friends. After taking the monorail over (and it slightly dying on us for about 10 minutes which led to me freaking out that I wasn’t going to see my friend) we walked right into EPCOT and met up with the Keepers of Sprite. I was seriously more excited about seeing them than anything over in EPCOT. After oohing and aahing over how much the kids have grown, we headed to see what ride we would first hit. The boys decided that they wanted to ride Mission Space since it had a 5 minute wait. Works for me! The girls decided on the ride next door which was Universe of Energy. As we entered the darkness of Universe of Energy, I thought that this may be fun for Abigail because it has dinosaurs in it. Abby loves dinosaurs so I figured we would give it a try. I asked Jen if she foresees any problems and she said it shouldn’t be that big of a deal. Her little Sprite will just cower in her mommy’s hair if she does get scared. Similar to the Sesame Street Safari of Fun episode. Then the announcer states that small children may be scared because of the dark and loud sounds. Okay, now I am wondering if we should still do this ride. We can do it. Right? (Did I mention I had Madeline in the Bjorn and Abby next to me?) Sure we can! The show started and poor Sprite started to meltdown. Unfortunately you are locked into this ride and there is nowhere to go. I felt so guilty because I felt like I talked Jen onto this ride with the kids. Abby just sat there with her hands over her ears and telling me she was having fun every time I asked. Maddy jolted one time during the big bang (the ding dang?) but promptly fell asleep after that. 45 minutes later, the ride was over and all the kids were again sane. We met up with the guys and decided to go to the Living Seas with Nemo. That one everyone should like. Right…Right? Well, we walked in and it started to go downhill again. I said that we can just meet up with them after but Jen stated that they had just ridden that ride. She was pulling out all the stops not to go on another ride. However, once she was on the ride, everything was great. We had a fun time at Nemo and even did Turtle Talk with Crush!

Minor tangent…I am so glad that Jen blogs more religiously than I do so I could totally just hyperlink her posts instead of writing out ones of my own. I am so sneaky.

After the Living Seas, it was getting soon time to depart. What we did walk by was a character meet and greet. Knowing Sprite is scared of characters, I asked Jen if she minded if we went in and said hi to the characters because Abigail would love it. She of course didn’t mind and we all waited the 15 minutes to see all of the major characters. I was so excited that Abigail was going to meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto. It isn’t every day that you can meet all the prime characters in under 15 minutes. It was the perfect end to the day. After lots of hugs, we said we were going to leave before the fireworks because Abigail is petrified of fireworks. Unfortunately she heard me say the word fireworks and I proceeded to freak out. Like seeing the streetlights and telling me that they are fireworks. That kind of freak out. The only thing that seemed to soothe her was her knowing that I am the all-powerful Mommy. I told the fireworks to go home and they went home. So no fireworks!

We trudged back to the parking lot and decided to just walk to our car instead of undoing the stroller and kids to load them into the tram. As we found our aisle, Josh asked me for the keys. I told him I didn’t have them and he told me he didn’t have them. Um. Where are the car keys? Remember in that last post how I said we were so busy getting out of the car? Well, we left the keys in the IGNITION of the car. Thankfully, only at Disney, would we return to our car 12 hours later and still find it sitting there with the keys in the ignition.

We were beat tired and covered with multiple layers of sweat, dirt and sunblock but it was well worth it. We have loads of memories and pictures.

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

YOU LEFT YOUR KEYS IN THE CAR????????????
We had such an amazing time with you and as soon as I can, I'm framing that picture of our two girls. Maybe with a comparison shot from their trip to Busch Gardens when they were both passed out in their strollers. :-) Love!

Heather said...

Wow what a fun day and with Sprite and Jen too! I would love o go to Disney, I'm beginning to think I'm the only person left that hasn't ever been. LOL!

I wanted to let you know I have something for you on my Monday's post.