Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Catching Up

Okay. I am a big girl. I can take it. You can start yelling now at the lack of blogging I have done. Go ahead. I can wait. Feel better? Good. Now, that we have that out of the way…

Yes, I have not blogged in a long time. Longer than I care to between posts but what can you do? Life has been marching on and I have felt like I have just been pushed along so fast that my feet have not touched the ground. Remember that new project I told you I was working on? Well, it has consumed me. I barely have time to come up to breathe to work my other programs and then I am pushed down again. I even was so lucky to make a trip to Little Rock, Arkansas to get acquainted with that program and people who work this every day. Of course they don’t understand that I don’t work their stuff every moment of every day though I have had to give that impression. I felt like I was cheating on one contract with another. Sorry BWC, I have to work late tonight. Don’t wait up for me. Meanwhile, I am in bed with ATS the whole night through and ATS is leaving cryptic text messages on my phone. It has been quite a balancing act to say the least. I actually worked 20 hours during my staycation at home before my family came in town. I even worked 5 hours during the week of plant shut down. Not too happy about it but you have to do what you have to do sometimes. I would blog about that but I would just as soon forget it than dwell on it.

Happy 2011 on top of everything. One thing I really would like to do this year it to blog twice a month. I know it sounds like a new year’s resolution but it really isn’t. I don’t know why I can’t find an hour or so a month to blog. There is just no excuses and the kids are growing so quickly. I am missing so many milestones that it is hard to keep up. I finally was “forced” to download the pictures from our camera because it was full. Though most of that was due to Josh’s videos from the Dolphin’s game he went to. But I figured the best thing was just to do a catch all post and give you a quick rundown of the highlights.

  • Thanksgiving in West Palm. Always fun and lots of food. We even visited Lion Country Safari. It was the first time I had been there and Abigail is still talking about it. We saw lots of animals and spent almost all day there. Great time.
  • Partying with the Keepers. One of my favorite activities. Sprite turned into a grown 4 year old which makes me want to groan because Abigail is only a few months behind. By the way, I think we are still working off the sugar!
  • Chanukah. Abigail lit her own chanukiah this year and Josh decided to look up latke recipes. He made the most DELICIOUS latkes. Josh and I actually didn’t get each other a present since we, thankfully, didn’t need anything and also we were going to be spending a lot at Ikea to redo the bonus room.
  • Little Rock, Arkansas. I was there for a week putting in 12 hour days. Not to mention I got some water in my purse which temporarily shorted out my work blackberry. It was a hectic trip to say the least and since it was almost all work (and exciting Arkansas) I won’t go into too much detail about it.
  • Staycation. Josh was off of work but I had to work…a lot…but the good news is that we finally got our furniture for the bonus room, took two days and we now have a completely usable room. Anyone who knows what that room looked like before knows what a daunting task that was.
  • Winter Break. My parents came and we had a nice time. But like all visitors, it was nice they came, nice they left.
  • New Years. Josh marinated steak and we had sweet potato fries. The champagne flowed and we even had some nice ice cream. After we finished everything and started to wind down the party, we realized it was only 10 PM. The excitement! We ended up watching the Marx Brother movie marathon and enjoyed each other’s company.

There, now you are caught up to speed on almost everything. The kids needs a post of their own to document the last month or so of their lives. Maybe I will do that tomorrow. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Luck and LOVE and yay! You posted! I am very much looking forward to February...