Monday, November 30, 2009

Rolling on The River

Madeline has decided that since most of this blog has been about Abigail, that it was her turn. Literally. Yes, she has turned over, folks. While this may seem like a normal milestone for any baby, we were amazed that Madeline was doing it at 3months old.

I remember taking Abigail to the pediatrician and one of the milestones for a 4 month old was the ability to roll from back to stomach. This takes some coordination and head control. So we were not prepared for Maddy to even attempt it before the month of December and her looming 4 month birthday. But she decided that she wanted to be the center of attention for both Josh and I. She had been rolling on her side quite successfully and I thought she would just work this out for another month before completely rolling over. Boy, was I wrong. We just were sitting on the floor after dinner playing as usual. I was playing with Abby and Josh was playing with Madeline. I heard Josh saying "Almost! Almost!". I looked over to see Maddy grab the side of the play mat and pull herself over. Wait! You can't use props. That is cheating, Madeline. So we put her back onto her back and see if she would try it again. Without hesitation, Madeline rolled to her right side and onto her stomach almost immediately as if to say "Take that, Mommy!" Yes, I was just proven wrong by a 3 month old. I can deal with it.

Now that Madeline has perfected rolling over, it has been hard to keep her on her back. She rolls over when she is put on her back anywhere. That includes the bouncy seat and swing. Now we can't forget to strap her into either of those unless she is asleep. But as you will see below, even that doesn't work all the time.

Yes, she was out cold in this picture.

The only issue we now have is that once she is on her tummy, she doesn't know how to get back to her back. But we are working on that one. By this rate she will be walking before she is a year! I don't know if I am ready for that one.

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Look at that tushy!!!!
Yay for Madeline breaking those milestone records!!!